Cable Tray Welder/Fitter Job Highlights
|Title||Cable Tray Welder/Fitter|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Sherman, TX, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is hiring a Cable Tray Welder/Fitter to join its team for manufacturing and operations needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma or GED will be a plus
- Possess spot welding experience (preferred)
- Able to read, interpret blueprints and use simple measuring tools
- Basic computer skills
- Solid math skills; analytical and reasoning skills
- Working knowledge of weld operations, including MIG, TIG of stainless steel or aluminum
- Ensure quality and proper documentation on all parts.
- ID and tag shop orders with the product.
- Retrieve/enter data into the system.
- Maintain components and supplies as required to operate efficiently.
- Perform 5S and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Set up, understand, and proficiently operate all welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot various and appropriate machine problems.
- Weld components based on print specifications.
- Rotate to the rigging position as needed, which includes-
-Determine the appropriate rung size for ladder assembly in accordance with the Bill of Materials
-Assist with setting up cable tray fixtures in accordance with the Bill of Materials
-Properly affix rungs in position to be tacked and welded
-Clean welds and verify quality standards are met
-Unload and safely stack all finished ladders in accordance with shipping requirements
- Ability to work mandatory overtime, up to 11.5 hours per day, including Saturdays as needed
- Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Environment exposure includes sharp objects, pinch points, oil, and sparks.
- Requires PPE to include safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, leather gloves, and hearing protection (as required in high-noise areas).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sherman, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.