Website The Vertex Company
CAD/CAM Programming Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||CAD-CAM Programming Supervisor|
|Location||Crestview, FL, United States|
|Company||The Vertex Company|
The Vertex Company provides vertically integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems. The company offers all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs, and integrated supply-chain solutions.
Crestview Aerospace manufactures complex assemblies and parts for use in various aerospace applications. It offers an integrated manufacturing process that delivers fabricated parts, in-house processing, and complex assemblies for both fixed and rotary‐wing aircraft.
The company is searching for a CAD-CAM Programming Supervisor who will be responsible for the effectiveness of the CAD/CAM department in interpreting project blueprints, designing programs, and setting up machines to produce the component outlined in the program to achieve an objects’ physical characteristics such as dimensions and other geometrical qualities during the manufacturing and assembly process.
- The applicants should be Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Technology from a college or university or related field with at least 5 years direct experience in supervision or management roles over CAD/CAM personnel
- An equivalent combination of education and experience (High School Diploma with at least 15 years direct experience including 5+ years in supervision or management roles over CAD/CAM personnel)
- The candidates must have a strong quality technical background and must be familiar with Aerospace Quality Management Systems, ISO9001/AS9100, as well as inspection and manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Accept and adapt positively to change
- Approves time and attendance records for processing through payroll
- Build and maintain a teaming environment, respectful and supportive of others
- Collaborate with configuration management to ensure proper data configuration control, managing CAD/CAM Software configuration
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all contacts
- Coordinate the prioritization and resolution of CAD/CAM issues with customer engineering and company managers, project engineers, and programs managers
- Define and implement best practices to maintain department goals
- Develop and collect metrics to support cost estimating for future work
- Establish and maintain department standards and procedures for the generation of models, associated drawings, and NC files
- Evaluate and ensure incorporation, as applicable, shop machinist and/or inspection feedback into existing programs and processes
- Initiates, sponsors, supports process improvements
- Interface focal for all departments at required levels, Customer liaison, and management on all quality-related activities
- Interprets and enforces company policies/guidelines and safety regulations
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels to handle dynamic workloads
- Manage workflow in the team to meet cost budgets and schedule deadlines
- Manages CAD/CAM resources to support multi-shift manufacturing operations
- Monitors employee performance for feedback, recognition, and/or development
- Oversees all CAD/CAM performance, inspection, and documentation activities
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Plan and manage employee training and development, and employee performance evaluations
- Provide shop support during the proving process of new and updated programs and daily support for problem-solving and process improvements
- Resource and budget management
- Responsible for CAD/CAM department performance against standards and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment
- Supports the company’s goals and promotes the achievement of those goals within its own areas of responsibility
- Understand and apply quality system requirements to work processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and in small group settings
- Ability to manage competing priorities, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and complete required production paperwork
- CATIA, UG, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Mastercam, and Vericut experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of AS9100 Aerospace Quality Management System as applied to manufacturing processes
- Must have experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must have good technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Must have the ability to provide leadership and motivation, identifying strengths and weaknesses in the direct reports, then utilizing those strengths for the benefits of the business.
- Proficient understanding of G&M-Code
- Skilled and knowledgeable in high-speed machining techniques of aluminum and/or hard metals
- Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, mylars, and specifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong background and understanding of GD&T principles
- May require exposure to working areas that have high noise levels, oil, grease, grime, and dust may be present.
- Overtime and weekends as required to meet deadlines and accomplish job duties
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements: Must use safety glasses and earplugs within the immediate production areas where required.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Production facilities may not be environmentally controlled: the temperature of the working area may reflect the outside weather conditions.
- Working Hours/Overtime requirements: Normal schedule is a 40-hour workweek.
The Vertex Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.