Website Contech Engineered Solutions
CAD Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
|Company||Contech Engineered Solutions|
Contech Engineered Solutions provides cost-effective site solutions to contractors, engineers, and developers on projects. The portfolio consists of bridges, erosion control, drainage, sanitary sewer, retaining wall, and stormwater management products.
The company is searching for a CAD Technician who will be responsible for providing design and drafting services to support the engineering and sales staff.
Additionally, the position plans and creates models for new or modified systems which utilize information from site plans and engineering specifications to develop Proposal, Contract, and Fabrication drawings utilizing custom computer programs.
The applicants should have passed a 2 year/Associate Degree in Civil Engineering from a college or university.
- Civil Engineering, architectural experience, or construction experience
- A combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Confer with design staff to determine design requirements, modifications, and issues.
- Coordinate with other team members to accomplish required tasks.
- Develop and maintain standard and custom details for all product families.
- Efficiently produce accurate drawings for review and approval by design staff.
- Interface between Commercial Operations, pre-casters, fabrication plant managers, customer service representatives, and structural engineers when necessary.
- Maintain CONTECH CAD Standards.
- May visit manufacturing facility or product installation sites.
- Operate according to CONTECH’s core values.
- Perform calculations to produce design information necessary to create Fabrication drawings.
- Prioritize assigned projects based on the date due.
- Review design information, site plans, and manuals to determine critical dimensions of design.
- Review pre-caster drawings as needed.
- Submit and review drawings with peers as needed, before design staff review.
- Utilize applications such as AutoCAD, Inventor, and Excel on a daily basis in completing drawings to meet project deadlines.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work with custom programs to create detailed drawings, and when necessary, bills of material to be used in the manufacture and installation of our products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret site plans
- Ability to maneuver through manufacturing facility or job site in a safe and workmanlike fashion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, technical manuals, and engineering concepts.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in conditions that may pose frequent changes, delays, and/or unexpected events.
- Excellent math skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly excel.
- Good communication skills both oral and written. Communications will be via phone, personal, and written correspondence.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the engineering field.
- Strong technical skills including an academic background in AutoCAD and proficiency in current versions of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Inventor program
Contech Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identification, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conteches.com.