Website Specialty Resources
CAPA Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||CAPA Quality Engineer|
|Location||Chester Springs, PA, United States|
Specialty Resources is a global sourcing and inventory management company for precision components and specialty products. The company’s domestic and offshore partnered factories allow it to source and supply customers with quality products at competitive prices. SRI can supply precision machined components, stampings, bearings, castings/forgings, cold-headed/powdered metal parts, electrical components, rubber/plastics, seals, gaskets, springs, sheet metal fabrication, and fasteners.
The company is looking for a Quality Engineer who will support Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance operations with a primary focus on Corrective and Preventive Action, Customer Complaints, and Continual Improvement.
The CAPA QE works directly with department Leadership, Customer and Supplier Factory Teams as SRI’s Champion of the Improvement Process.
This role requires internal and external customer relationship building, partnering, and interaction ability related to product and process quality problem-solving in the areas of Supplier, Product, Manufacturing Process, and Quality Management System improvements.
- The applicants should have passed an Associate of Applied Science in Engineering with direct CAPA experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is preferred
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in a production manufacturing environment.
- Experience: RCCA, 8D, DMAIC, PDCA, SPC, GD&T, ISO9001 or ISO 13485 or IATF16969 or AS9100
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance to determine actions required for improvement.
- Identifies, investigates, trends, and reports deficiencies and causes related to supplier problems and customer complaints. Monitors the effectiveness of the improvement process.
- Lead SRI CAPA initiatives in all areas of the Quality, Manufacturing, and Warehouse functions.
- Provide support to the Internal Audit function to assure quality problems are addressed and eliminated.
- Provides periodic progress reports of the CAPA, Complaint, and Continual Improvement activity.
- Responsible for the Quality aspect of the Supplier Performance Dashboard and initiates improvement activity based on indicators identified in the quarterly reports.
- Supports training, department, and company growth as requested by department Leadership.
- BSME with direct hands-on CAPA and Complaint Handling experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Exposure and experience with a variety of component manufacturing, production, and qualification test processes related to machining, welding casting, molding, stamping, forging, painting, plating, heat treating, assembly, and fabrication.
- Lean SS Black Belt certification or ASQ-CQE.
- Mechanical aptitude for working with tools to perform assembly and testing.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, and industry standards.
- Has (the ability to obtain) a current passport and is agreeable to occasional domestic/global travel.
- Knowledge of GD&T and ISO standards and/or similar regulations.
- Mechanical inspection experience using various inspection metrology.
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Specialty Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Employees are carefully selected based on positive work history, reference verification, and background checks.
To apply for this job please visit specialtyresources.com.