Website Stanley Black & Decker
Carbide Weld Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Carbide Weld Operator|
|Location||East Longmeadow, MA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is seeking a Carbide Weld Operator who will set up and operate multiple machines and equipment including welders and grinders to produce a variety of Carbide Tipped Saw products following established practices and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience (preferred)
- Detect and report defective and unsafe equipment and materials, as well as, unusual situations to the supervisor. Observe and obey all safety rules, practices, and procedures. Wear and employ all required safety equipment and devices. Clean and maintain equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Keep and maintain required records, counts, information, and data. Perform some routine maintenance to the machine and post maintenance checks on the forms provided.
- Monitor the operation of multiple machines and ensure the quality of the product. Make the first piece and numerous ongoing inspections using an optical comparator and other instruments to check profile and dimensions. Check micrometers at the start of each shift and post findings.
- Operation requires the use of an overhead electric hoist to load coils onto and remove coils from equipment. Use hydraulic and hand trucks to move materials and products about the department.
- Set up and operate automatic welding machine to weld carbide tips to pre-milled band stock materials. Set up is exacting requiring alignment and setting of electrodes, gap setting, front and back stop adjustments, roller guides alignment, operation of control panel switches and buttons to set and adjust preheat and weld cycle, carbide feeder, regulate nitrogen flow and air pressure to piston. Operation requires various adjustments to guides, vise, and payoff including singular and multiple grinding head units. Set-ups are exacting requiring setting and aligning grinding wheels to achieve proper rake angles, chamfer, height, etc. Set and adjust indexing cams, roller drives, and guides; change wheels, and belts; oil, grease, and lube equipment as required. Check and maintain the coolant system and fluid levels. Set and adjust speeds and feeds to maximize operating efficiency.
- Other duties as performed.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Light physical effort is required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, and pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands, and changing priorities.
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.