Website Samuel, Son & Co.
Cathode Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Tucson, AZ, United States|
|Company||Samuel, Son & Co.|
Samuel is a leading global network of integrated metal manufacturing, processing, and distribution divisions-providing seamless access to metals, industrial products, and related value-added services.
The company is hiring a Cathode Welder to join its team manufacturing works.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls, or control media as required to ensure the quality of production.
- Handling and moving objects- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials
- Making decisions and Solving problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solutions and solve problems
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and performing basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience.
- Check the surface finish on both sides of all stainless steel sheets prior to set-up of cathode
- Collect data from jiggers and turn in inspection forms daily
- Correct welding defects
- Identify safety hazards on or around jigs including but not limited to: identifying legibility of calibration stickers, replacing, removing, and reporting tools to be removed from the shop floor and sent to the machine shop for identification, re-calibration, and/or disposal.
- Inspect all welds and record required information on a C-1 form, ensure the new plate traceability is maintained
- Mark questionable stainless Hold for Review (HFR) and place on designated palates.
- Properly set prepared header bars, stainless steel plates, and properly secure assembled cathodes in the welding jig.
- Responsible for quality control
- Set up the welding machine to current welding parameters specified by the current welding procedure specifications (WPS)
- Setting jigs for a project
- Verify the jigger calibration window with a completed calibration sticker on the tool
- Welders must maintain and check welding jig for square parameters, dimensions, and verticality
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be able to successfully demonstrate the safe, efficient, and correct operation of machine tools.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
- Must be adaptable to an ever-changing work environment, and is able to deal with delays or unexpected events
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and change work schedules
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Sitting, standing, kneeling, laying, stooping, crawling, reaching, pulling, lifting up to 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally typing, and visual acuity.
- Manufacturing environment: May be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match up to 5%
- Opportunities for training, advancement, and career growth
Samuel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit ebct.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.