Website West Fraser
Certified Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Fraser Lake, BC, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking to hire a Certified Millwright who will play a key role in the continuous maintenance improvement program through the daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- The applicants should have a valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Candidates should have some work-related experience.
- A welding certificate (an asset)
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers/chains, bearings, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- Work in man lifts with the use of fall protection equipment
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Flexible schedule in order to work days, nights, or weekend shifts
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The company offers a challenging and stable work environment with a competitive wage and benefit package.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.