Website Super Steel
Certified Weld Inspector Job Highlights
|Certified Weld Inspector
|Milwaukee, WI, United States
Super Steel is an industry-leading contract manufacturer. The company is capable of providing a broad range of prototyping, manufacturing, production fabricating, coating, and assembly services to a variety of markets that include agricultural, construction, industrial, power generation, and transportation.
The company is looking for a Certified Welding Inspector to join its team for quality assurance needs.
- The prospective applicants should be Certified Welding Inspector preferably by the American Welding Society.
- CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) preferred or ability to acquire within 1 year
- Experience in Quality Control or Engineering of welded and fabricated materials.
- The ability to read and interpret Quality Control documents, codes, standards, and customer specifications.
- Weld inspection to the AWS D1.1 code
- Working knowledge in the use of Tape Measure, Calipers, and Micrometers. Sufficient manual dexterity to handle and manipulate delicate parts and measuring instruments.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and professionally communicating test results.
- Assisting in the verification of implemented quality improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Performing various quality tests using basic measurement devices and test equipment; developing new test set-ups and/or test methods.
- Providing technical assistance and training in quality techniques and services.
- Reviewing customer complaints to determine where the emphasis should be placed to prevent recurrence; modifies deficient aspects of the system as appropriate.
- Troubleshooting production development problems related to parts and/or assembly; recommending improvements or solutions.
- Using problem-solving techniques, reporting root cause of product and/or part failures.
- Capacity – The ability to handle the volume of work required for success in the position.
- Implementation – The ability to take an idea or concept or plan and successfully execute it within the constraints of the organization.
- Innovation – The ability to acquire information and to use the information to develop new decision-making paradigms.
- Integrity – The ability to maintain a high degree of certainty between what is said and done.
- Motivation – The drive to succeed within the cultural demands of the organization.
- Understanding – The ability to know how to prioritize the work and to see how independent action affects others in the organization.
- $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
Super Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit supersteel.com.