Website ArmorWorks Enterprises
Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)|
|Location||Chandler, AZ, United States|
ArmorWorks Enterprises is a defense and security company providing innovative protective technologies and products worldwide. It provides technologies ranging from commercial aviation cockpit doors to platform armor and seating to infrastructure and sensitive material protection.
The company is looking for a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) who will be responsible for ensuring that assigned welding processes at ArmorWorks are compliant with the contract, regulatory, and industry requirements.
- The applicants must have a current AWS certification as a Certified Weld Inspector.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of continuous experience.
- Experience in a structural or sheet metal fabrication environment is required
- Accurately complete required time entries applicable inspection entries on Routers, inspection reports, and other documentation as required.
- Conducts inspections of all welds and identifies and supervises repairs.
- Define and develop WPSs as required for current production.
- Document and report nonconforming equipment, raw material, processes, and product. Ensure proper identification and segregation of nonconforming items.
- Ensure ongoing effectiveness of the calibration process.
- Ensure that all welding work complies with your employer’s safety regulations, as well as the safety regulations stipulated by local, state, and federal governments.
- Ensure that weld procedure specifications, welding plans, equipment calibration, and welding materials are correct.
- Inspects base and consumable materials, pre-weld cutting, joint positions, welder settings, and other critical aspects of weld setups.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure proper care of equipment and machinery.
- Maintains weld qualification records, oversees non-destructive testing and ensures proper materials are available during tests.
- Monitors the welding processes throughout production to make sure everything proceeds smoothly and that all welding personnel follows the expectations of applicable welding standards.
- Support other quality activities as required.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Ability to read drawings/specifications including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances required.
- Ability to speak read and write English, including an understanding of verbal/written instructions.
- Computer skills required (Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Must demonstrate a ‘Quality mindset’
- 401(k) package with employer match
- Company contributions to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive paid time off and wages
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
ArmorWorks Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.