Website Hubbell Incorporated
Certified Welder (HGUS) Job Highlights
|Full Time (1st shift)
|Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is hiring a Certified Welder (HGUS) who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Welding Machines to ensure quality parts are produced and provided to the customer on time.
- Must be qualified and successfully held a Certified Welder’s job or its equivalent, either in position or be certified by a technical institute
- Operator will be required to pass the AWS Certification Test per Company Welding Policy
- Possess work-related experience
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Required to make routine equipment adjustments to ensure the process is efficient and welding to company standards at all times.
- Required to set up, and adjust machines and equipment in order to produce an acceptable quality product.
- Continually visually inspect the product, record production as required, report/record scrap, and other duties or rework as assigned.
- Need to know how to operate overhead cranes, forklifts, handheld grinders, and other department equipment.
- Perform all required quality tests, certifications, and production checks as required by Quality Assurance or his/her supervisor.
- Will be required to manually repair, or hand weld some products that are below standard, due to tolerance variables during the Robotic operations.
- Will be required to set up, operate, program, and troubleshoot Robot Systems (material handling, drilling, and welding) of other robotics pieces of equipment in the welding process to achieve acceptable levels of productivity, and quality.
- Will receive instructions, prints, and route sheets for the job. Will organize and plan operational duties for the shift he/she is assigned.
- Highly motivated and willing to solve problems.
- Must be able to navigate the HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
- Must be able to satisfactorily use calipers, gages, and other measuring devices.
- Will be required to perform SPC procedures and tests, and then interpret findings to make appropriate changes in the process.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries/affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.