Website Amsted Rail
Certified Welder Inspector (CWI) Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welder Inspector (CWI)|
|Location||Granite City, IL, United States|
Amsted Rail is a globally integrated manufacturer. The company provides components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service, track maintenance, and location and condition monitoring.
The company is looking for a Certified Welder Inspector who will handle a variety of duties necessary to ensure compliance with AAR, AWS, customer, and internal regulations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- AWS CWI Certification with five years of writing and inter
- Possess 5 years of writing and interpreting welding reading
- Conduct process and product audits, including creating and closing out audit findings and determining the proper corrective or preventative actions.
- Develop Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and Procedure Qualification Reports (PQR) per American Welding Society (AWS requirements)
- Inspects and tests welded joints of work in progress and of completed units for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications, applying knowledge of welding principles and metallurgical properties.
- Maintain welder certification records.
- Marks defective pieces and recommends scrapping or methods for reworking.
- Observes techniques and evaluate the performance of welders in the shop.
- Reviews plans, contract documents, and specifications required for fabrication and defect repair.
- Schedule and conduct welding audits, including creating and closing out audit findings and determining the proper corrective or preventative actions.
- Train and certify welders to internal standards.
- Ability to work independently, self-starting, and self-directed.
- Blueprint and layout reading
- Excellent communication and people skills, including the ability to lead small and large group meetings and cross-functional teams. Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports and correspondences.
- Skilled with MS Office suite, especially data analysis
- Employee Development
- Financial Security
- Health and Wellbeing
Amsted Rail Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.