Website WestRock Company
Certified Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Covington, VA, United States|
WestRock Company provides differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions. The team members support customers around the world.
This position supports the maintenance and repair of machines and equipment throughout the mill. Assist other crafts and maintenance personnel in the performance of work outside of welder duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The applicants should be Certified Welder or Equivalent from a welding school or certification body like the American Welding Society.
The candidates should have some experience in maintaining and repairing machines and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency
- Participate in all department safety programs
- Effective troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to measure, layout, and fabricate repair parts
- Ability to properly document repairs and inspections
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and drawings
- Good working knowledge of rigging equipment and techniques
- Computer skills adequate to look up bills of materials and stores parts, enter work results, and complete work orders
- Flexibility to work in a multi-craft role and contribute to accomplishing results in a team-based environment
- Good understanding of the types and application of equipment lubrication
Note: Successful applicants will be required to complete training and certification in a second craft by satisfactorily completing ASME performance qualification tests.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- Corporate culture is based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- A career with a global packaging company where sustainability, safety, and inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities, Females, Disabled, and Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.westrock.com.