Website Hubbell Incorporated
Certified Welders Job Highlights
|Location||Centralia, MO, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be qualified and successfully held a Certified Welder’s job or its equivalent, either in position or be certified by a technical institute.
- The candidates should have previous welding experience in the related field.
- Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Operators will be required to make routine equipment adjustments to ensure the process is efficient and welding to company standards at all times.
- Operators will be required to set up, adjust machines, and equipment in order to produce an acceptable quality product.
- The operator will continually visually inspect the product, record production as required, report/record scrap, and other various duties or rework as assigned.
- Operators will need to know how to operate an overhead crane, forklift, handheld grinder, and other department equipment.
- Perform all required quality tests, certifications, and production checks as required by Quality Assurance or his/her supervisor.
- Will be required to manually repair, or hand weld some products that are below standard, due to tolerance variables during the Robotic operations.
- Will be required to set up, operate, program, and troubleshoot Robot Systems (material handling, drilling, and welding) of other robotics pieces of equipment in the welding process to achieve acceptable levels in productivity, and quality.
- Will receive instructions, prints, and route sheets for the job. Will organize and plan operational duties for the shift he/she is assigned.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
- Ability to lift 60-75 lbs. with another person, manually, when loading and unloading parts, materials, dies, fixtures, setting up equipment, and all other manual processes, design layout, and duties in the job.
- Ability to stand and perform various job functions for long periods of time, with Company standard break periods for rest.
- Ability to walk, see, and hear in order to reasonably perform essential job functions.
- Full use of both hands.
- Highly motivated and willing to solve problems.
- Must be able to navigate the HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
- Must be able to satisfactorily use calipers, gages, and other measuring devices.
- Operators will be required to pass the AWS Certification Test per Company Welding Policy.
- Will be required to perform SPC procedures and tests, and then interpret findings in order to make appropriate changes in the process.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.