Website Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
|Company||Kratos Defense and Security Solutions|
Kratos develops and fields transformative, affordable systems, platforms, and products for national security and communications needs. Kratos is focused on areas where tech advances can have a force multiplier effect, such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, C4ISR, warfighter training, and combat systems.
The company is looking for a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will perform Certified Welding Inspections and Non-Destructive Testing on all welded components and assemblies throughout the Kratos facility.
The position performs inspections at various stages of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspection.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Must possess current American Welding Society-Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certificate
- The candidate should have 5 years of experience in the welding industry
- College degree program (Associates Degree) or vocational training a plus
- 2 years of experience in the Quality Control Related field is preferred
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship)
- Ability to work with other fabrication and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met
- Assist with performing various (Non-Destructive Testing) NDT examination and documentation
- Check weld machine setup and welding techniques of welders on work-in-progress
- Ensure all QC operations are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensures all welding is performed in conformance with applicable welding codes, company standards, and customer/contractual requirements
- Interact with internal and external customers (supervisors, project managers, engineers, etc.)
- Perform in-process and final QC inspection(s) on finished products
- Perform visual inspections of finished welds, in-process and final assemblies
- Reads and interprets manufacturing inspection plans, mechanical, and electrical design drawings
- Records results of test and welding inspections
Non-Essential Job Duties-
- Assist in the training of other personnel as required
- Generate Discrepant Material Reports (DMR), process materials/items into and out of hold areas. Verifies remediation actions completed per DMR instructions.
- Perform First Article (FA) inspection to validate product requirements with little to no assistance
- Perform in-process and receiving inspection tasks, as required
- Perform or assist with internal QMS audits
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications
- Present hardware and documentation for source inspection review to customer and/or government representatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) experience in complex component fabrication.
- Must be a Certified Welding Inspector. (Required Certifications – NDT level 2, PT level 2 and MT level 2)
- Must be able to generate and process inspection reports in an expeditious, thorough manner
- Must be familiar with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Must be familiar with steel fabrication processes and be comfortable working in a weld shop environment
- Must be familiar with various forms of NDT (Non-Destruction Testing) examination and documentation.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of welding practices, codes, and procedures per AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3, and D1.6.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing the efficiency or quality of the work
- Must have the ability to read and interpret shop drawings and welding symbols.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets and (PDF) Portable Document Formats
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
- GD&T Certification
- Security Clearance preferred
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces, walking, bending, stooping, griping, grasping
- Employees may generate, handle, manage, or workaround hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
- May work extended hours or weekends
- Office and/or manufacturing environment
- Possibility of exposure to noise and hazardous chemicals
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/ADD and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – minorities, females, vets, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit kratosdefense.submit4jobs.com.