Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||Collinsville, IL, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm and specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is seeking a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will inspect and ensure that proper welding and radiographic procedures are qualified and utilized and proper documentation is maintained.
All activities must be performed in accordance with API-1104 (latest addition) and industry standards.
- The applicants should be a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) through the American Welding Society or
- A Certified Pipe Welding Inspector (CPWI) with documented and verifiable work experience related to transmission/process piping and API-1104 and API – 1169.
- Current Operator Qualification (OQ) status as required by the project
- The candidates should have required work experience in the related field.
- Comply with safety standards as outlined in the company’s Health and Safety Handbook and those prescribed by the job site
- Document all inspection activities on a daily basis
- Ensure all activities performed in a safe and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with all project-specific environmental requirements
- Inform Chief Inspector immediately of any safety or construction deviations or any problems and/or anticipated problems
- Maintain daily records to support documentation of welding activities
- Monitor all welding activities in accordance with API-1104 (latest edition) and project specifications
- Perform duties designated by the Chief Inspector in accordance with the job requirements outlined in the assigned activity and contract specification
- Responsible for tracking all materials used for pipeline construction including joint numbers, joint lengths, and heat numbers associated with all materials (pipe stock, fittings, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to clearly communicate to other team members and client personnel
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports and correspondence
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Driver License
- Skilled with MS Office suite
- Strong attention to details
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Ability to sense potentially dangerous situations on a construction site, including hearing heavy machinery and vehicle backup alarms
- Able to perform in both inside and outside environmental conditions in all four seasons throughout the continental United States – extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit) and/or extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit) for periods of more than one hour
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off.
- Local candidates preferred no per Diem or relocation offered at this time.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.