Website TRC Companies
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)|
|Location||San Angelo, TX, United States|
TRC Companies is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure markets.
The company is hiring a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will perform quality assurance inspections.
The prospective candidate(s) must be proficient in structural steel fabrication, non-destructive testing, high strength bolt testing (Ro-CAP, Preinstallation Verification) testing, application of coatings, maintaining detailed inspection documentation, and reporting.
(Applicants with bridge fabrication experience interested in and willing to travel may be utilized for other future assignments.)
- The applicants should be an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and that will be verified through aws.org
- ASNT Level II certification (preferred)
- The candidates should have 3 years of minimum project experience with structural steel fabrication
- Previously, currently, or otherwise experienced in Nondestructive Testing (NDT) preferred in the following methods-
-Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
-Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
-Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Attend prefabrication meetings as required
- Perform full Visual (VT) Testing inspection per applicable coded requirements.
- Perform inspection of application of coatings, including verification of required environmental tests and conditions.
- Perform third party DOT structural steel fabrication quality assurance inspection and reporting
- Provide oversight (witness) inspection of magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing.
- Read and interpret shop drawings, specifications, and project special provisions to verify compliance with material quality
- Sampling construction materials for testing when required
- Utilize applicable ASTM and AASHTO construction specifications
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
- Ability to travel domestically for short periods to material fabrication facilities
- Ability to use the following: Laptop computer, cell (smart) phone, scanner, and printer
- Ability to work closely with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Coatings experience (primarily galvanizing and painting) preferred
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, internet, report writing, file (photograph and other) attachments.
- Familiarity and experience with primarily AASHTO/AWS D1.5. Candidates with structural inspection using AASHTO/AWS D1.1 may be considered.
- Familiarity with inspecting and reporting high strength (Grade 325) bolts testing (rotational capacity/preinstallation verification) and reporting.
- Familiarity with steel bridge erection.
- Good Driving Record (driver license will be verified
- Pass pre-hire drug screening/testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The company offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.