Website Hubbell Incorporated
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector – CWI|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is recruiting a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will be responsible for inspecting parts and assemblies for nonconformities, acceptability, and accuracy to drawings or customer requirements, using multiple methods per regulatory, customer, and internal requirements.
Should have a working knowledge of all inspection equipment, roles, and processes such as visual inspection, hydrostatic, and various NDE methods.
Be responsible for helping to detect the root cause of Quality issues as well as keeping track of Quality documentation.
Must have the applicable knowledge of ASME, AWS, API, and ISO standards and must have a current certification.
- Applicants should have current Certified Welding Inspector certification
- Related Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred but not required)
- ASME and AWS code knowledge required
- Possess 2 years of experience as Code Welder, Quality Inspector, or equivalent knowledge
- Should have at least LVL 1 training in VT/PT/UT/MT and RT Film Interpretation
- OSHA safety training and HazMat training preferred
- Complete all documentation required for tracking and record keeping.
- Complete data entry and evaluate results of data entered.
- Perform inspections on materials and products throughout the production process.
- Perform relevant non-destructive examinations using varying methods.
- Perform root cause analysis on non-conformities found.
- Performs internal testing, internal checks, and cosmetic inspections.
- The successful candidate will be able to train, coordinate, and communicate effectively with all departments and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to explain issues clearly
- Must be analytical and detail-oriented
- Must be meticulous about capturing and retaining information
- Must have a positive attitude and a desire to continually improve
- Must have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Record-keeping software, etc.)
- Must have a working knowledge of mathematical and measurement principles
- Understanding Lean principles and practices is strongly preferred
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.