Website Universal Engineering Sciences
Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Job Highlights
|Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
|China Lake, CA, United States
|Universal Engineering Sciences
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) provides essential engineering services that include geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing/inspection, building code compliance, environmental, and building envelope.
The company is looking for a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) who will be responsible for performing inspections at various construction sites.
- High School Diploma (a plus)
- Must be Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) by the American Welding Society
- Possess work-related experience
- Ability to attend client meetings related to pre-construction, pre-fabrication, and other construction meetings to provide information about quality requirements
- Ability to review plans, specifications, and special project provisions to verify compliance to material quality
- Ability to work with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met at the project site or in a fabrication facility
- Ability to write technical reports with photographs
- Familiarity with Construction Materials Standards, Specifications, and Codes (AISC, ASTM, AWS)
- Familiarity with sampling and testing of construction materials (structural steel, other steel products, bridge components) in accordance with project standards and specifications
- Interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at a project site
- Must be able to follow directions, and perform responsibly with minimal oversight properly.
- Perform inspections as a Certified Welding Inspector on various projects.
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Responsible for the inspection and documentation of welding inspections in the areas of building code compliance.
- Must be able to work safely in a construction environment.
- The ability to properly interpret construction documents and prepare well-written and concise reports capturing all necessary elements is required.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Clean DMV report a must (WKA participates in Pull Notice program)
- Non-Destructive Testing Level II, Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT), and Visual (VT) Level II, Ultrasonic (UT) certifications are beneficial.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, and Portable Document Formats (PDF)
- Must have the ability to read construction plans and specifications, understand construction procedures, and know Standard Codes.
- Good work ethic
- Cooperate with co-workers and clients
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- 401K matching
- Advanced Training Programs and Paid Certifications
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Universal Engineering Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.