Website Building & Earth
Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||Little Rock, AR, United States|
|Company||Building and Earth|
Building & Earth is an engineering firm that provides services like geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, special inspections per I.B.C./I.C.C., and environmental consulting.
The company is seeking a candidate who can provide testing observation and general inspections on the assigned field project according to the applicable specification for independent testing laboratories. The position requires the incumbent to clearly identify, verbally communicate, and document test results and activities.
- The applicants should have had a High School Diploma or equivalent from a welding school.
- ICC Bolting Special Inspector Certification and/or Certified Welding Inspector CWI certification is preferred.
- Competency in mortar and grout sampling and testing
- Competency in reading detailed plans and specifications
- General knowledge of asphalt placement monitoring
- Minimum 3 years or 1 year with BS Degree in Engineering or other applicable sciences
- Sample preparation, collection and testing, field observations, general inspections, and documentation of construction activities on site pertaining to soil, concrete, grout, mortar, and asphalt.
- Clean, maintain and calibrate all assigned equipment according to applicable codes and standards
- Document and communicate non-conforming items to designated project supervision
- Perform both general and special construction inspections, such as concrete and masonry construction, fireproofing, proof roll footing, etc.
- Perform tests and observations according to project requirements
- Provide training and limited oversight to lower level Engineering Technicians
- Receive, understand and execute written and verbal directions
- Review specifications for civil and structural plans and identify sections applicable to the scope of work
- Submit daily field reports to document testing, inspections, and field observations
- Transport, operate and care for a nuclear density gauge as assigned, meeting all safety, care, and maintenance guidelines as outlined in the Radiation Safety Program Policy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to build and maintain effective working
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential test records and to prepare easily understandable reports for documentation
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, multiple priorities, and hectic schedules calmly and courteously
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally and appropriately
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and adhere to all company guidelines for operation and safety
- Ability to train others. Can give and follow directions
- Ability to teach company-specific software and programs
- Ability to work ethically, honestly, and safely at all times as scheduled
- Knowledge of general construction inspection responsibilities
- Must pass relevant tests and/or achieve valid signatures
- Skilled in the use of computers and common software applications
- Advanced knowledge of sample preparation, collection and testing, field observations, and documentation of construction activities
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to physically maneuver construction sites and excavations
- Must be able to move, lift or carry objects or materials up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communications in the English language, including the ability to communicate directly and over the telephone and be understood.
- Possession of a valid state of residence driver’s license
- Ability to be insured under all applicable Corporation insurance policies and requirements
Building & Earth offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Account, and Group Short Term Disability and Life Insurance plans. Hourly pay rate starting at $20 per hour depending on experience.
The CWI job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all reasonable activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit careers-buildingandearth.icims.com.