Chief Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Boise, ID, United States|
Alsco provides uniform laundry services and other products that keep businesses clean and safe for all kinds of customers in the healthcare, automotive, industrial, and hospitality industries.
The company is hiring a Chief Engineer (Branch) who will have overall responsibility for the daily repair and preventative maintenance of industrial textile processing equipment and facility maintenance.
The position supervises the work of others and assists them to ensure that tasks such as start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding, and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, or other systems are completed according to policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Branch General Manager.
- The applicants should be High School Graduate or Equivalency
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler license, or PLC programming.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder, and boiler applications.
- Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Advise the General Manager of parts, supplies, and equipment requirements. Order such as needed while controlling expenses and inventories.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Develop and train engineering staff to keep them current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Develops trains, maintains, and administers a department of qualified personnel required to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests, and makes adjustments.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Executes an effective preventative maintenance program to minimize unscheduled equipment downtime.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Installs repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems, and other equipment and systems.
- Keep accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing personal networks. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Manages spare parts inventories in a cost-effective manner.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies, and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Studies blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct operation of machinery.
- Supervise the handling of daily maintenance requests to minimize equipment downtime and continually improve operational processes.
- Supervises the plant engineering staff and consults with production, sales, and service personnel to ensure efficient plant operations.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Work with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- PLC programming experience.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230-volt systems.
- Project Management
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint, and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Occasionally, such as for procuring parts.
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Career Advancement
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
- Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, or other safety violations.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.