Civil Laborer Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewable, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is searching for a Civil Laborer who has construction or pipeline experience.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess previous pipeline experience
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by craft workers.
- Assist in maintaining environmental compliance.
- Assisting build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and dismantling forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial/housekeeping activities.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Guide heavy equipment operators around utilities.
- Install restoration material.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices in confined or hazardous environments.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Position, join, align and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Safely work in close proximity to heavy equipment.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers: and mix, pour and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement/adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Communication Skills
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises
- Able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds, and steel framework
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have a full range of motion consistent with age
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions identified above
- Time Management
- Visual acuity, depth perception, and color discrimination are consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
- Walk on uneven ground
- May be required consistently to work 12-hour shifts performing construction-based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions (may be required, on occasion, to work up to 16 hours in a single shift)
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.