Website Bechtel Corporation
Civil Quality Control Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Civil Quality Control Engineer|
|Location||Oak Ridge, TN, United States|
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is searching for a Civil Quality Control Engineer who will be assigned to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) Construction organization in a Mechanical, Piping, and Welding Field Quality Control position.
Ensure installations within the areas of certification at the UPF project are in compliance with procurement requirements, design/specifications, nuclear codes, project requirements, and quality standards.
Perform quality control assignments of a varied nature requiring a full working knowledge of construction engineering/quality control practices.
Exercises professional judgment within the framework of broad guidelines provided by superiors.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering and 6 years of related experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 12 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Possess a combination of education and work experience as stated above.
- Determines the technical requirements for the quality-related commodities within a work scope and coordinates with Field Engineering and Engineering on technical issues
- Ensures installations within the areas of certification are compliant with project quality requirements and applicable regulatory codes and standards
- Mentor personnel with less experience
- Perform peer checks of new inspectors when requested by the Quality Control Manager
- Performs surveillance and monitors work activities, ensuring the technical adequacy and quality of work performed
- Provides input into the development of the strategy and engineering packages to support construction execution
- Quality Control inspections in support of mechanical, piping, and welding field activities
- Candidates should be self-starters, highly motivated, require little supervision, and be able to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with industry quality standards
- Knowledge and experience of DOE, DOD, or commercial nuclear construction projects are required
- Must meet the project requirements for certification of a Level II Mechanical/Piping QC and be capable of achieving a Level II Mechanical/Piping QC certification
- Must meet the project requirements for certification of a Level II Visual Welding QC and be capable of achieving a Level II Visual Welding QC certification
- Must meet the project requirements for certification of a Level II Civil/Coatings QC and be capable of achieving a Level II Civil/Coatings QC certification
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of current design codes and standards such as NEMA, NEC, ACI, AISC, ASME, B31.1, B31.3, as well as NQA-1 requirements
- Have a working knowledge of NDE methods
- Have working knowledge of the Bechtel Standard Work Processes Procedures (SWPPs) and Nuclear Work Processes Procedures (NWPPs) and the related Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs)
- Previous experience in Construction Quality Control or Field Engineering at a Large Nuclear Construction Project
- Previous experience in disciplines or areas other than those listed in the minimum requirements
- Previous experience with ASME requirements
- Previous experience with NACE requirements
- Previous experience with NQA-1 requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education, and travel
- Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, using fall protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE), walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, and maneuvering around very small or confined spaces
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.