CNC Equipment Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Equipment Engineer|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company’s Body-In-White Shop is looking for an Equipment Engineer with CNC 5-Axis programming experience.
- The applicants should have passed B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering from a college/school; or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- The candidates should have 4+ years of CNC programming, setting up and running 5 axis machines (Siemens Controls preferred)
- Experience with robot programming (Kuka, Fanuc, Comau, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with spot welding
- Sinumerik Programming experience
- Become owner/subject matter expert to drive CNC equipment-related process improvements including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life cycle management, Identify and procure critical service parts as needed
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability, reliability, and process capability
- Program and set up 5-axis CNC Machines
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated lines as well as Providing Hands-on support to maintenance in troubleshooting extended downtime and chronic issues
- Work collaboratively with design, product excellence, production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance, and other cross-functional teams as the expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high-quality parts
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot CNC controls (Siemens preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and 3D digital CAD/CAM model
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.