Website Consolidated Machine & Tool
CNC Lathe Operator Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Lathe Operator|
|Location||Wood Dale, IL, United States|
|Company||Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT)|
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) manufactures parts and equipment for various industries including defense, aerospace, military, space, satellite, and industrial. The company’s capabilities include welding, fabrication, CNC machining, aerospace support equipment, ground support equipment structures/stands, and complex assemblies.
Murphy Machine Products (MMP) is a CMT company.
The company (Murphy Machine Products) is seeking a CNC Lathe Operator who will be responsible for the excellence of precision machining of quality parts produced on CNC machines such as, but not limited to, lathes and mills.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1+ years of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to ascertain the need for changing inserts and capable of doing so as needed.
- Able to change work holding fixtures and tooling as instructed.
- Able to do tool offsets in order to adjust machine outputs or compensation for insert wear/replacement.
- Able to use Crib-master to check out and return tooling components.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of setups as directed by the machinist or crew chief.
- Competent in all the duties of a trainee and performs all tasks as assigned by supervision/management.
- Inspects machines and work area in general for proper order and operation.
- Knows and ensures all safety devices are in place and working properly.
- Lines up tools for the next job and knows and uses correct storage locations for fixtures, tooling, etc.
- Operates machinery according to acceptable and safe practices.
- Verifies cycle times on all jobs and reports discrepancies to his/her crew chief and annotates on the traveler.
- Verifies/sets gauging against known standards and ensures gauging is correct per inspection sheet.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read precision gauges and visual accuracy.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The company offers a benefits package that includes a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance.
Note: Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer-paid.
CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit cmt.applytojob.com.