CNC Lathe Setup Machinist Job Highlights
|CNC Lathe Setup Machinist
|Valencia, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Aerospace Spencer is an engineer-driven organization focused on high-pressure hydraulic fluid fittings for use in commercial and military aerospace applications.
The company is seeking a CNC Lathe Setup Machinist to join its team.
- High School Degree or GED
- 3 years plus experience running a CNC Lathe or a recent Machinist Tech Training Certificate.
- Adjust and troubleshoot the machine as needed.
- Assists or instructs other numerical control machine operators.
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures.
- Grinds, sharpens, and touches up own cutting tools as required.
- Load machine programs, checks, and makes required control settings. Places machine in operation and observes proper traverse to starting point before beginning operation.
- Make adjustments and troubleshoot the machine as needed.
- Manually enter dimensional data into the numerical control console for short-run jobs or during the machining cycle as necessary.
- Must have the ability to read programs and understand what functions the machine will accomplish.
- Operate the machine in manual mode to make unprogrammed changes where location can be determined by direct measurement.
- Perform rework wherein the operations are essentially the same as described above.
- Performs other related duties as required, including the use of conventional machines to complete assigned tasks.
- Set up and run various types of NC machines including lathes and Swiss machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with and solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Certification in machine shop technology, blueprint reading, and programming.
- Experience working with various metal materials.
- Familiarity with measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed blueprints, drawings, and work orders.
- Must be able to run multiple machine operations.
- Must be able to use shop tools, handbooks, tables, and charts. Must apply knowledge of the machinability of metals. Must know proper rakes and clearances of tool bits and drills.
- Must be willing to work overtime and extended hours as needed to meet specific deadlines.
- Prior CNC Lathe machine setup and operation experience.
- Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards.
- Strong skills and aptitude in math.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.