Website Stanley Black & Decker
CNC Lead Job Highlights
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Columbia, CT, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a CNC Lead who will be working as an onsite employee.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering or relevant discipline (a plus)
- 5 years of machining experience
- Multus or similar CNC multi-axis machine
- Lights-out or lightly attended machining
- In-machine dimensional probing
- Proven experience as a CNC operator
- Assist fellow employees should they encounter problems with their machine(s)
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Develop a lightly attended automated machining process
- Edit CNC programs
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Motivate employees to keep machines running
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, etc.
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate a large number of parts
- Set up and operate Okuma Multus (7-axis mill/turn)
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Understand the specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Find additional work for employees should they complete a job or if unable to problem-solve issues with their machine
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with a basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- Successfully completed apprenticeship (a plus)
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.