Website Precision Castparts Corporation
CNC Machinist Job Highlights
|Full Time (3rd shift)
|Groton, CT, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
Applies the most efficient machining methods with the machine tools available.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Over 3 years of experience
- Equivalent to 1 to 3 years of applied trades training
- Use shop mathematics, charts, tables, formulae
- Work from complex drawings, sketches, samples
- Detect and report quality defects in castings.
- Fabricate jigs and fixtures as required.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations and procedures. Wear all required personnel protective equipment.
- Inspect completed parts to ensure compliance with specifications. Replace worn or damaged expendable tooling as necessary.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Make recommendations on improved operating methods and machining efficiencies.
- Perform all required duties to move production to the next internal customer.
- Read, interpret, and implement operating procedures from route cards, blueprints, sketches, and verbal or written instructions to program, set up, and operate machinery on complex and routine jobs, for gate removal, tooling points, and jig and fixture fabrication.
- Select speeds, feeds, tooling, and operation sequences appropriate for the alloy being machined to obtain the required finish and tolerances at maximum operating efficiency.
- Set up and operate CNC and manual machine tools such as multiple-axis machine centers, millers, VTLs, engine lathes, drills, grinders, and other metal removal tools to perform complex operations on production parts, jigs, and fixtures.
- Write and modify programs for efficient CNC machine tool operations and functions for production parts, gate removal, and tooling point machining for efficient machine methods.
- Perform a variety of other duties and tasks of equal or lesser complexity as assigned
- Knowledge of machine tool setup and operation, material characteristics
- Continuous mental or visual attention while performing carrying machine and hand operations, some close attention to maintain critical tolerances, making close setups
- Light physical effort handling parts and materials, and setting up machines.
- Time spent in observation, and checking.
- Equivalent to frequently exerting light effort, some average or heavy effort involved
- Perform progressive machining operations on parts and items following standard or accepted methods and procedures.
- Requires the use of judgment to set up and operate various machine tools, perform hand and bench operations, maintain tolerance, and work from samples of complex drawings and sketches.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.