Website Parker Hannifin
CNC Machinist Job Highlights
|Full Time (weekend shift)
|Grantsburg, WI, United States
Parker Hannifin manufactures motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of compressed air/gas treatment, on-site gas generation systems, and clean air solutions.
The company is searching for a CNC Machinist to join its team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of machining experience (preferred)
- Check parts produced for dimensional and finish conformance to specifications. Must be able to correct the deviation and notify the lead of any significant deviation. Remove and reset tooling or otherwise adjust the machine as required. Assure all parts are produced with minimum burrs, if any. Manually clean and deburr parts. Handle specialty parts with care.
- Do operational sequence planning; install chucks and collets, set bar stock feed mechanism and stops to perform operations such as face, turn, drill, ream, bore, tap, thread, and cut off stock up to the capacity of the machine; set tooling offsets, adjust computer control settings, install tool holders; program reading and editing, capable of using PC/machine interface.
- Maintain proper oil and coolant levels and perform equipment required for Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM).
- Maintain statistical process control charting.
- Operate and do simple set-ups on the CNC mill. Operate and adjust auxiliary equipment.
- Operate machines to produce pilot pieces for first piece verification to check set-ups; and adjust correct variances.
- Operate multi-spindle automatics, ISAMs, NoCAMS, or Hydromats if assigned by the Lead or Supervisor.
- Operate, set up, and adjust CNC lathes including multiple spindle CNC lathes if assigned by the Lead or Supervisor.
- Participate in the High-Performance Team (HPT) and Continuous Improvement processes.
- Participate in Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) teams as required.
- Perform work required from drawings, engineering specifications, layouts, and other operating instructions. Recommend improvements.
- Remove machined parts, bar ends, and turnings from a machine. Separate recyclable turnings.
- Responsible for keeping all tooling used in the area inventoried and organized in the mini-cribs.
- Responsible for quality parts throughout the production run.
- Suggest improvements for standard or special tooling to suit materials or unusual cutting conditions.
- Use all standard, variable, and attribute gauging to check work.
- Use ERRs to notify engineering and management of items to be reviewed.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to use judgment to perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups and operation of CNC lathes.
- Competent in the use of computers.
- Must be able to do tool grinding, sharpening, and make proper tool selection including insert grades and coatings.
- Parker will provide training for qualified applicants.
- Requires the use of complicated drawings, shop mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Great Pay – Along with a pay increase every 6 months, you will be eligible for our profit-sharing bonus every 3 months.
- Amazing Benefits – From day one you’ll be able to enroll in all of Parker’s benefits. We have multiple options for Health, Dental, and Vision to choose from. We also offer Disability Insurance, Parental Leave, and Life Insurance at no cost to you. Additionally, you’ll have 3 weeks of paid time away from work in your first year.
- Engaging Workplace – A Parker employee makes a positive impact on the world, and in turn, we strive to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees. We do this by establishing engaging, supportive, and comfortable work environments.
- Career Growth – Parker Hannifin is a global company with many different opportunities to pursue. Parker provides tuition reimbursement to help you get there.
- Retirement Planning – Parker will help you prepare for your life after work. We offer 401(k) saving accounts with a 100% contribution match in addition to a pension plan.
- A Historic Culture – Parker has been around for over 100 years with core values based on Trust, Compassion, Wisdom, and Courage. We aim to embody these values in everything we do at Parker.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company takes all employment decisions regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit parkercareers.ttcportals.com.