Website Hitachi Rail
CNC Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Georgia, GA, United States|
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, a global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service/maintenance, digital technology, and turnkey. The company’s mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The company (H-E Parts International Mining Solutions USA) is looking for a CNC Machinist who will set up and operate a variety of machine tools (lathes/mills) to cut or grind metal and similar materials into parts or products with precise dimensions.
Machinists fabricate parts and repair parts for mining or heavy construction equipment, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
They read sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate parts, and determine part dimensions and tolerances.
- The applicants should have completed a High School or GED Equivalent.
- The candidates should have 2 years of professional training in a vocational institution or equivalent journey-level experience.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy, and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display the placement of cuts.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in the preparation of machinery work.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to perform physical activities associated with fabrication and maintenance duties such as bending, stooping, crawling, working in high or confined spaces, and working in temperature extremes.
- Considerable experience using tools and equipment common in the precision machine industry to turn, shape, cut, and grind, various alloys to tolerances within one ten thousandths of an inch; using all types of precision measuring instruments to make very accurate, repeatable measurements; using heat to treat steels for tools; selecting, grinding, and setup of appropriate cutting tools for various alloys and determining correct feeds and speeds to produce the highest quality finish required for the application; working from mechanical drawings and blueprints to determine dimensions, tolerances, machine sequence, and setup of work.
- Good knowledge of methods, tooling, and standard practices for precision machining and millwright trades; ferrous and non-ferrous metal alloys, their physical characteristics, and applications.
- Physical ability to perform strenuous work and handle awkward objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Welding, soldering, and brazing skills. Rigging loads for overhead crane work and forklift operation.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Work/Life Programs
Hitachi Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hitachi.com.