Website Howmet Aerospace
CNC Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Fullerton, CA, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is looking for a CNC Operator to join its team.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Performs precision operation and set-up on CNC Grinders Milling machines, and Lathes, and runs manual support equipment.
- Able to resolve tooling manufacturing issues causing quality errors and slowdowns.
- Able to use complex fixtures for work holding on all machines.
- Must be able to teach and train others on numerous CNC/conventional machines.
- Able to complete one-off jobs to exacting tolerances without direct supervision.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workplace in accordance with 5S standards
- Active involvement in Autonomous Maintenance program. Perform Preventative Maintenance per daily schedule
- Responsible for producing and maintaining high-level quality parts
- Complete a first-piece verification form per part number
- Perform Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Check all work with appropriate measuring tools, make offsets and edits as required Assist with training and development of entry-level operators
- Active involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow all EHS Policies and Safety Procedures. Report all incidents immediately
- Able to read and interpret documents as well as blueprints, and micrometers, work from process drawings and sketches, and perform SPC
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and good communication skills
- Operate CNC grinders, mills, and lathes, can set up difficult surface and cylindrical fixtures on machines.
- Use the necessary measuring tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicators, Comparator, Gages, etc.) as required
- Willing to cross-train or assist other departments to meet facility goals
- Must be able to lift/move 30 lbs. (may not exceed per EHS policies)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), an excellent 401k matching program, paid holidays, and vacation.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fa-exty-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.