Website Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
CNC Operator (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Operator – 1st Shift|
|Location||Dallastown, PA, United States|
|Company||Kratos Defense & Security Solutions|
Kratos develops and fields transformative, affordable systems, platforms, and products for national security and communications needs. The company is focused on areas where tech advances can have a force multiplier effect, such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, C4ISR, warfighter training, and combat systems.
The company is looking for a CNC Operator who will set up, operate or program various types of machines for the production of piece parts for shelters to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
This position is to run a CNC Router.
- The applicants should have a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- The candidates should have up to 2 years of work experience in the related field.
- Assists with and/or constructs fixtures, jigs, tools, soft vise jaws, shop aids
- Assists with and/or performs repairs to parts on jigs, fixtures, dies, and shop aids
- Assists with repairs to machines and equipment in the machine shop as requested or required by maintenance.
- All levels may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, cleaning, and various other assignments as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- May be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other Departments as needed or required by shop workload
- Performs operations that will include, boring, counterboring, turning, tapping, threading, milling, drilling, reaming, broaching, knurling, casting, sawing, grinding, cutting, sharpening, chamfering, deburring.
- Receives instructions both verbally and from detailed prints and routings
- Uses various measuring and inspection tools and equipment for piece part inspection, compliance, accuracy verification
- Will be required to set up and operate various machine shop equipment to complete assigned tasks including lathes, milling machines, drill press, surface grinder, tool grinder, horizontal mill, band saws, disc sanders, CNC machining centers, various bench mounted equipment, shears, saws, punch press, radial drill, decoiler, band saws, gang press, press brake, rollers, tubing/pipe benders, torch, routers, grinders, belt/disc sanders, various bench mounted equipment, all types of hand tools, electric-powered hand tools, air-powered hand tools, hoists, cranes, lift trucks
- Will produce piece parts & parts for prototypes as well as parts for machine and building maintenance as needed.
- Ability to read and understand measuring and inspection equipment, tools
- Basic blueprint reading
- Basic knowledge of shop math
- Fraction and Decimal conversion
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools)
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to tolerate constant noise (i.e. machine motors)
- Ability to work safely in the presence of hazardous chemicals and hazardous conditions
- Shop Floor environment
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – minorities, females, vets, disabled, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apps.submit4jobs.com.