Website Magna International
CNC Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st/2nd shift)|
|Location||Sterling Heights, MI, United States|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
The company is looking for a CNC Operator who will manufacture quality parts as directed within an acceptable time frame to assist the organization in meeting internal and customer requirements and perform the assigned task in a safe manner.
All aspects and functions involved in the CNC Operators’ role of producing quality parts in a MAFACT team process while meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 2 to 3 years of CNC Operating experience
- Operate CNC machine independently with minimal supervision.
- Must make minor offset adjustments or tool changes to maintain part conformance to print.
- Troubleshoot on the CNC horizontal and vertical mill, and lathe and perform setups and tool changes as required.
- Monitor tool life.
- Check parts and place them on the equipment or gauging stations correctly.
- Able to operate online gauging and understand the readings.
- Meet production requirements in a timely/efficient manner.
- Fill out production sheets and all other production-related documents as required and monitor SPC/quality and document updates.
- Perform related labor as required to clean up, set up, and organize.
- Assist the material handler as required.
- Give direction to Production Operators assigned to the job.
- Support the Environmental Management System and objectives.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Work with Engineering and internal teams to develop and implement standardized work for all processes on their respective line(s).
- Perform audits to ensure standardized work is adhered to.
- Initiate corrective measures for non-standardized work and daily maintenance of the team board.
- Responsible to ensure that all safety and quality start-up procedures are followed.
- Responsible to produce quality parts according to customer specifications.
- Review and follow standardized work instructions.
- Responsible to perform all required quality checks utilizing gages and other measuring devices as required in the control plan.
- Ensure that process tags are properly completed throughout the production run.
- Ensure all containers are properly labeled.
- Report any injuries, accidents, equipment malfunctions, property damage, etc. to Supervisor.
- Responsible to manage the cleanliness and orderliness of the work area (5S).
- Responsible to communicate with team members (Supervisor, Leader, Quality, Co-workers) on any issues with the machines. Have an understanding of what the cause of the issue is and which team member to inform. (Maintenance, Quality)
- Authorized to stop the process if it does not meet quality or safety requirements and notify Supervisor/Quality immediately.
- Train new employees as needed on all aspects of the job.
- Responsible to report to another job or task as directed by the Supervisor/Leader if an assigned job is down.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, and submits improvement suggestions (CI, Safety).
- The ability to use gauges, change tools, make offsets/changes, and program changeovers (required).
- Advanced knowledge of machining fundamentals i.e. turning, and milling is required.
- Must have good shop math skills.
- Results-oriented team player, excellent attendance, high energy level, and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work overtime or alternate shifts as required.
- Knowledge of AS400 and ability to use bar code labeling system.
- Ability to read and write and comprehend instructions in English and correspondence such as safety rules and operating instructions.
- Ability to document forms as required by the position.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.