Website Howmet Aerospace
CNC Programmer Job Highlights
|Location||Winsted, CT, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is searching for a CNC Programmer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of CNC programming into the manufacturing operations to meet production requirements and quoted costs.
The major emphasis in process/method definition and development with technical support of tooling, work instructions, floor support, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum Associates Degree in a technical field from a college/university (required)
- BS in technical field (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of CNC programming experience (required)
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment (required)
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement events and initiatives.
- Assist in cost estimating efforts for repeat production jobs as well as for all new product introduction (NPI) requests and interaction with tooling vendors.
- Develop and maintain various machining CNC programs for 3/4/5 axis grinding and milling machines optimized to meet customer design criteria and manufacturing cadence to ensure the highest quality of manufactured components. Including software control, maintaining/programming library and revision, and managing ISO and customer software audits.
- Provide technical support to the shop floor personnel.
- Research, analysis, and cost justification of equipment procurement.
- Support capital project initiatives for new equipment, working with customers and machine manufacturers for the proper solution.
- Support Engineering and Operations to resolve technical issues with customers, suppliers, and other Howmet plants regarding processes, purchase orders, specifications, etc.
- Time study jobs to balance and define operator standard work. Generate standard work charts and process capacity table and compare actual performance to quoted estimates in current cost models (WPQ folder).
- Troubleshoot and improve operations including but not limited to fixturing issues, CNC program or parameter issues, and expendable tooling issues until the problem is resolved.
- Use QSI (P&L data) process to identify gaps in shop floor performance to standard and make appropriate method improvements to bridge/close gaps. This includes scrap and rework costs.
- Utilize SPC charts and other process capability methods to increase first-time yields to within quoted standards and monitor data for trending analysis.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite, Project)
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional product teams
- Interpersonal savvy and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability
- Self-driven – ability to organize people and activities to get things done.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent (i.e., Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fa-exty-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.