Website Norsk Hydro
CNC Technician Job Highlights
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Sidney, OH, United States
Hydro is a leading industrial company that builds businesses and partnerships for a more sustainable future. The company’s businesses present a broad range of market segments for aluminum, energy, metal recycling, renewables, and batteries, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
The company is recruiting a CNC Technician to join its team.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous CNC set-up experience in a manufacturing environment (required)
- Always exhibit a professional and positive approach.
- Assist the Supervisor in cross-training associates.
- Assist the Supervisor with assigning specific jobs to production personnel to meet production schedules.
- Check the material to ensure that it is not defective.
- Inform maintenance personnel or toolmakers when machines or tools break down.
- Instruct production personnel in the proper operation of machines or tools required to perform assigned job duties.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for all. Good housekeeping is a must.
- Make periodic checks to ensure assembled component parts match the samples supplied by the Supervisor or Set-up Person. Perform all required SPC.
- Must be willing to cross-train on other jobs throughout the plant, as needed.
- Stop production and contact the Supervisor when quality problems are detected.
- Stop production and contact the Supervisor when quality problems arise.
- Must always follow plant-wide safety procedures.
- Must be able to complete CNC set-ups from blueprints as well as work instructions.
- Must be able to modify existing programs.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to read/write small numbers and letters.
- Must be able to make arithmetic calculations.
- Must be able to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools.
- Must have knowledge of quality measuring instruments such as height gages, calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
- Must have a working knowledge of M and G codes.
- Must understand quality documents and systems.
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Education Assistance
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
Hydro an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will be considered equally without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hydro.com.