CNC Tool Technician/ProgrammerJob Highlights
|Title||CNC Tool Technician/Programmer|
|Location||Kendallville, IN, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is hiring a CNC Tool Technician/Programmer who will provide an expert level of support to our daily production operations.
The primary focus will be to support our CNC machining area in achieving daily goals and the management of our perishable tool inventory.
Flexibility to support other initiatives will be required as needed.
Lead in addressing layout rejections and other quality-related issues.
Lead our initiative to Identify potential continuous improvement projects and then collect supporting data to justify and implement these improvements.
May be required to provide training to new Technicians coming into the department.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree (college/university) with 3 years of experience (required) or an equivalent 8 years of experience
- Possess a combination of education and experience
- Renishaw and Blum experience (preferred)
- Assist in training new CNC operators
- Assist with the implementation of 5-S guidelines in the CNC area
- Cellular Layout designs
- Develops tooling and prototypes with minimal supervision
- Lead the expansion and maintenance of our TMAC software
- Lead tool performance studies and cost reduction actions
- Manage CNC tooling – prepare backup tooling – troubleshoot tooling issues
- Provide CAD support to Engineering and Manufacturing
- Support CNC operations in the resolution of issues on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts
- Local traveling for tooling fixturing, prototypes, etc.
- Automotive background preferred.
- Exposure to TS16949 is required.
- Proficient at blueprint reading and layout troubleshooting.
- Proficient at problem resolution using a structured approach.
- Proficient in the development of work instructions for operator use.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in using both verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Okuma and Fanuc controls.
- Strong math skills are required. Proficient in trigonometry and algebra.
- Workstation layout skills are required.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.