Website BWX Technologies
CNC Turning Operator Job Highlights
|Title||CNC Turning Operator|
|Location||Euclid, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is searching for a CNC Turning Operator who will set up, operate and inspect multiple conversational and CNC turning centers to perform machine functions such as but not limited to; turning, tapping, reaming, boring, and deburring of alloy and non-alloy work pieces.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Possess 2 years of set-up and operation of CNC turning or Mill/Turn Centers
- Assistance may be given to other operators on proper operational procedures. This includes assistance in training other operators to run machines and perform any other job-related tasks.
- Calculate, set, and operate machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Enter commands to input, output, or retrieve preprogrammed instructions from a database.
- Input either through an automatic download of manually, all SPC and measurement-related information as defined by the engineering community to establish and maintain process controls.
- Maintain logs or records and discuss control media errors with Supervisor and Engineering/Programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Monitor machines and machining operations to stop and change cutting tools and setup according to the required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Mount, align, position, and secure tooling, attachments, and workpiece on a machine.
- Operate machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect machine or machining malfunctions or deviations.
- Operate motorized and manual pallet jacks as well as box dolly when necessary.
- Operate pendant crane and properly rig parts ranging from 5-1000 lbs.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Perform daily machine maintenance and housekeeping duties such as but not limited to maintaining and adjusting oil and coolant levels, monitoring and adjusting coolant concentration, cleaning machines, tooling parts, and surrounding work areas.
- Read, interpret, and follow complex blueprints, operating sheets and procedures, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining method and sequence.
- Setup and operate multiple machines and machining centers.
- Use a variety of precision inspection equipment to verify all applicable features using appropriate inspection methods.
- Wear all appropriate PPE and abide by all safety rules and regulations as designated by the local EH&S department.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with both hourly and salary employees and communicate effectively.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use computer-related equipment.
- Demonstrate above-average CNC milling abilities on a practice piece.
- Demonstrate CNC control abilities, including editing speeds, feeds, tool offsets, and fixture offsets.
- Demonstrate use of various measuring instruments including but not limited to; dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, air gages, radius gages, Vernier’s, and .0001 micrometers.
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and follow complicated procedures and document accordingly.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints and interpret geometric tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal levels to loud.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk to hear.
- Occasionally required to lift or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Active employee life insurance with supplemental opportunities
- Day 1 Medical and Dental benefits, Vision offered after 180-day of employment
- Shift Premiums: 2nd shift = $0.90, 3rd shift = $0.80
- Unionized facility with a 180-day probationary period
- Safety glasses and boot reimbursements offered
- Time Off-
-Two (2) weeks’ vacation offered after eight months of employment (prorated)
-Three (3) paid sick days offered after 180-day of employment
-Five (5) unpaid sick days offered date of hire
-Eleven (11) paid holidays after 90 days of employment
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.