Cobot Welder Product Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Cobot Welder Product Specialist|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Cobot Welder Product Specialist who will lead the company’s sales, integration, service/associate training activities, and special projects related to the continued development of the BotX product offering.
The position will work under the direction of the Weld Automation Product Manager.
- The applicants should possess Post-secondary education equivalent to a College Degree in Business Administration, or Welding/Robotics Engineering Technician (preferable)
- Possess more than 3 years of experience in the welding or other related industry
- Equipment repair and maintenance training
- Experience servicing and repairing: Mechanical and Electrical equipment desired
- Welding training an asset
- Work experience in the welding industry can be a substitute for post-secondary education
- Assists in the management of assembly, inventory, and scheduling of the product line.
- Assists Marketing in developing strategic sales campaigns and marketing programs.
- Assists Product Manager in establishing, publishing and performing training of preventative maintenance procedures for the BotX equipment.
- Complies with all governmental regulatory requirements.
- Contacts customers directly to follow-up on incoming leads and inquiries.
- Coordinates specialized technical support from OEM manufacturers.
- Maintains a safe working environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines.
- Partners with Red-D-Arc District Managers to develop local sales plans to identify new customers and increase sales.
- Performs BotX installations, demonstrations, application analysis, service and technical support.
- Performs training for Weld Process Specialist’s, sales and technicians on BotX product lines.
- Provides advanced technical support for branches and customers.
- Regularly communicates with existing BotX customers to ensure their satisfaction and gives feedback to Weld Automation Product Manager.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and trade shows.
- Works directly with Airgas Sales and Advanced Fabrication teams promoting sales of the BotX product line to include training, meetings and customer visits.
- Works with Product Manager on new product development.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to develop and execute market/business plans.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical or electrical failures, and “set up” or assembly of specific packages required by the customer.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups in a business setting.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in writing, in one on one or group situations, over the telephone and via email.
- Experience with Robotic applications
- Good/Excellent knowledge of weld processes and equipment.
- Change – Knowledge of change management practices that successfully and routinely drive the business forward. Demonstration on the importance of alignment and change to associates.
- Coaching – Demonstrates how to improve and reinforce performance of others. Providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback, and by making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
- Influence – Uses persuasion to gain the support and cooperation from stakeholders, directors and above, peers, associates and/or others to achieve a desired course of action consistent with the strategic goals and objectives set for the business.
- Problem Analysis – Gathers and analyzes information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Project Management – The discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project.
- Standards/Safety – Insuring personal and associate commitment and compliance with safety standards and guidelines set.
- Team Building – Facilitating the constructive resolution of conflict; increasing mutual trust; and encouraging cooperation coordination.
- Ascend/Descend stairs – Occasionally
- Balancing – Occasionally
- Bending – Frequently
- Carrying Objects – Occasionally
- Fine Manipulation – Frequently
- Kneeling – Occasionally
- Lifting 10-25 lbs. – Frequently
- Listing 25-50 lbs. – Frequently
- Maintaining Body Equilibrium – Occasionally
- Pulling 10-25 lbs. – Occasionally
- Pulling 25-50 lbs. – Infrequently
- Pulling over 50 lbs. – Frequently
- Pushing over 50 lbs. – Frequently
- Reaching – Continuously
- Sitting – Continuously
- Speaking – Continuously
- Squatting – Continuously
- Standing – Frequently
- Stooping – Occasionally
- Walking – Frequently
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.