Website J-W Power Company
Code Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Longview, TX, United States|
|Company||J-W Power Company|
J-W Power Company specializes in sales, service, parts, and leasing of natural gas compression equipment. It also manufactures highly engineered compression packages such as high-pressure injection and compressed natural gas (CNG) equipment for direct sale.
The company is searching for a Code Welder who will be responsible for the fabrication and assembly of various metal parts per Company drawings/specifications using ASME-approved and qualified welding procedure specifications.
Use and maintain related shop equipment for welding, production, and product movement
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from 2-year College or technical school
- Possess 3+ years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Observe and follow all Company safety rules and regulations.
- Operate and maintain welding equipment efficiently.
- Read and interpret Company drawings and specifications in order to assemble steel parts based on ASME-approved welding specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc, flux-cored metal arc, submerged arc, and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Serve as point person and communicate with outside inspection agencies.
- Weld components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions, and keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrated ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proven knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to pass weld test meeting ASME requirements
- Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain one
- Valid Driver’s License
- The company offers a benefits package that includes paid time off, 401(k) plan and company match, medical, prescription, dental and vision, life and disability plans, along with flexible spending accounts, and additional benefit programs.
J-W Power Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.