Website Stanley Black & Decker
Coil Wind Operator Job Highlights
|Coil Wind Operator
|East Longmeadow, MA, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is seeking a Coil Wind Operator who will perform the required duties to operate the machine to wind, splice, cut and place into containers a variety of coil cutting stock to random or specified lengths following prescribed practices and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience (preferred)
- Activate the switch and monitor the winding operation until the proper length is indicated on the counter. Cut the band with metal cutters, lift it from the take-up reel, and place it in the container. Maintain required production records, indicating the invoice number, customer, date, amounts, or lengths of products coiled. Mark containers with proper identification information.
- Detect and report defective equipment or material as well as any unusual situation to the supervisor.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Operate electric welder to splice coil materials. Cut coils at the appropriate location and place them in the jaws of a welder. Select the proper setting, adjust the air pressure, tension, and flash guard, and activate the welder. Adjust annealing operation, remove from jaws, grind, and hand file weld. Change and dress the grinding wheel as required. Reinstall in jaws and perform the final annealing process. Determining proper application by visual inspection. Clean and maintain welder, lubricate, and replace guides as required.
- Using a hand or hydraulic truck, procure coil material from the storage area and transport it to the work area. Observe material and check for obvious defects, imperfections, straightness, and twists.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
- Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands, and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Use of numbers including decimals
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.