Coil Winder (Machine Operator) Job Highlights
|Title||Coil Winder (Machine Operator)|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Santa Ana, CA, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is hiring a Coil Winder (Machine Operator) who will be responsible for winding coils used in electrical equipment and instruments or as electronic components, according to wiring diagrams, sample coils, or work orders, using coil-winding machines and hand tools.
Reviews wiring diagrams and work order or examines sample coil to ascertain type and size of wire specified, and type, size, length, circumference, and primary and secondary windings of coil to be wound.
- Applicants should have a High School Education (preferred)
- Forklift operator certification (can be trained on-site)
- Possess 2 years of manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field (preferred)
- Minimum of 6 months soldering/brazing/welding experience OR a completed welding Certificate from an accredited institution or equivalent high school trades course
- Previous Machine Operation experience
- Adhere to company regulations, including adherence to policies regarding safety, attendance, and punctuality
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to production quality standards related to coil dimension, bus bar location, etc.
- Interpret engineering drawings, electrical schematics, and blueprints
- Keep all work areas clean, organized, and presentable
- Maintain a minimum of 80% of productivity time standards
- Utilize hook-up/hot work assembly tools to meet production demands
- Wind standard coils for dry-type transformers
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting are inherent to this position.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 401K (6% total match; 4% at 100% and 2% at 50%)
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.