Website New Mexico State University
College Instructor of Welding Job Highlights
|Title||College Instructor of Welding|
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
|Company||New Mexico State University|
New Mexico State University is an educational institute offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The university offers programs in the fields of agriculture and home economics; arts and sciences; business administration and economics; education; engineering; and health and social services.
The university is looking for a Welding Instructor who will primarily teach welding classes at Carlsbad High School during the day and maybe assigned to teach classes at the college campus on evenings and weekends.
- Associate’s Degree in a closely related field and 5 years of welding experience and 1 year of teaching experience OR
- 2 years of welding certificate and 8 or more years of welding experience and 2 or more years of teaching experience. (Community college teaching experience preferred)
Note: Finalists will be asked to demonstrate their teaching skills during the interview process.
- The prospective applicants must have a combination of required education (program) and experience.
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Undergraduate and Graduate Combined)
- Conduct ongoing assessment of courses and advise students
- Participate in professional development activities
- Participate in various committee assignments for the benefit of NMSU Carlsbad
- Teach courses in SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, OFC, OFW in accordance with AWS, blueprint and welding symbols, welding safety, metallurgy, and weld quality.
- Teach effectively to a diverse student body
- Teaching assignments are on a 9-month contract of 15-credit hours per semester
- The candidates will get $46,228.08 to $51,081.50 annually, commensurate with education and experience.
New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nmsu.edu.