Website Turner Industries
Combo Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is looking for a Combo Welder who will lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forge components to assemble structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, pipe, and building and bridge parts.
No per diem or relocation!
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Must pass a weld test
- TWIC card required
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May weld pipe such as carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome, etc. by process of Arc, Heliarc, Gas, Mig, Tig, etc.
- May weld pipe, sheet metal, structural steel, brackets, or other materials.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- May use cutting torch to cut materials and demo existing assemblies.
- May be required to provide the following: toolbox, crescent wrenches, hacksaw, pipe wrench, set of combination wrenches, striker, tip cleaner, hood, cutting goggles, soapstone holder, welding gloves, set of Allen wrenches, tri square, bottle wrench, ball pein hammer, channel locks, rain suit.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level.
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffold structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials.
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, or overhead.
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling, seeing with or without correction, hearing with or without correction.
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.