Website Primoris Services Corporation
Combo Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
|Company||Primoris Services Corporation|
Primoris Services Corporation is one of the largest construction service enterprises in the United States. The company provides a wide range of construction, fabrication, maintenance, replacement, water and wastewater, and engineering services to major public utilities, petrochemical companies, energy companies, municipalities, and other customers.
The company is recruiting a Combo Welder to join its team for various craft, trades, and labor needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 1 to 4 years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level)
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack weld parts to secure them in position for welding.
- Connect regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and to the welding torch
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Hold torch at a proper angle to metal and guide along a weld joint, applying filler rod to the molten area to form a weld
- Lay out, position, align and fit components together.
- May be required to pass start tests to meet certification standards of government agencies or professional associations
- May chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter
- May clean or degrease parts, using a wire brush or portable grinder
- May cut metal plates or structural shapes using a gas torch
- May layout, position, and tack weld workpieces
- May preheat the workpiece with a torch
- May scarf or groove weld prior to applying filled metal, using gas-welding equipment
- May weld along vertical or overhead weld lines
- Plan layout, assembly, and welding.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Select torch, torch tip, filler rod, flux, or electrode according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal
- Set up equipment and weld parts.
- Turn regulator valves to activate the flow of gases, lights torch, and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain the desired flame, based on knowledge of gas-welding techniques
- Use a cutting torch to cut materials and demo existing assemblies.
- Weld pipe, sheet metal, structural steel, brackets, or other materials.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Practice safety rules.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Safe use of hand and power tools.
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individuals or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- Pre-employment qualification test.
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tools or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean-shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Primoris Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.