Website Universal Plant Services
Combo Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Whiting, IN, United States|
|Company||Universal Plant Services|
Universal Plant Services (UPS) provides comprehensive services to the energy industry that include project management, installation, maintenance, and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
The company is recruiting a Combination Welder who will be experienced and proficient in craft, and able to read and understand P&ID’s, Iso’s, or other drawings.
The position will be working Maintenance and Turnarounds as needed.
- The candidates should a minimum of 3 years of welding experience in an Industrial or Petrochemical setting
- Fabricate piping spools from spool sheets and isometric drawings.
- Flame cut pipe to length and bevel, clean, and prepare the pipe for fit-up.
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Layout, fabricate and install pipe spools from spool sheets.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and isometric drawings to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Set up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Weld all pipe and pipe-related items per drawings and project specifications.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be committed to safety and quality
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit universalplant.com.