Website Waste Management
Compactor Repair Sr. Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Compactor Repair Sr Welder|
|Location||Milwaukee, WI, United States|
Waste Management is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. The company makes partnerships with customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy.
The company is recruiting a Compactor Repair Sr. Welder who will perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment.
The position requires to ensure accurate diagnosis and effective repair and replacement of components.
- The applicants do not require any education (program) for the position (if they have considered plus).
- The candidates should have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions of new parts.
- In the absence of supervision may provide container maintenance supervisory duties.
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate/OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Performs layout operations, develops fixtures for one-of-a-kind units, and selects optimum welding process.
- Performs moderately complex welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses, and repairs compactors, containers, and carts.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs service calls for compactor repairs and emergency breakdowns.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to lower-level maintenance personnel.
- Ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers, and carts.
- Ability to utilize a fleet maintenance software program may be required.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers, and carts.
- Proficiency in welding techniques.
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts, and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers, and carts.
- Skill in repair of special-purpose equipment.
- The company offers a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability, stock purchase plan, company match on 401k, paid vacation, holidays, and personal days.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects occasionally.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Valid driver’s license.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, and Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.