Component Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Irvine, CA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company looking for a Component Fabricator who will assist with the successful fabrication of Bellows Forming Components and other Component products, including Parts Deburrer, Material Forming, Reading Prints, and use of Calibrated Tools.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Technical School training is a plus
- Possess 6 months of related experience
- 5+ years in manufacturing/aerospace is a plus
- May need to obtain Forklift certification and in-house training to operate cranes.
- Polish and remove burrs from metal parts by using tools such as a power disc sander, rotary files, manual hand files, automatic tumbler machines, hand knives, and various other necessary power equipment or deburring tools.
- Responsible for assisting the department in the development of techniques to increase productivity, quality, and throughput of products and to share job knowledge in the department.
- Set up and operate all shear machines, grob saw, abrasives, and bar saws.
- Set up, operate, and tear down machinery for tube forming, sizing, and bending as well as brake forming.
- Set up and operate hand power tools, drill presses, simple drill jigs, tube sizing, end finish, bead rollers, pull-thru, nibbler, plug size, and ring size machines.
- Share knowledge with operations and other set-up personnel as directed.
- Other job duties consistent with Component Fabrication may be assigned
- Ability to work flexible hours to support overtime requirements
- Able to lift 10 pounds consistently without assistance, 50 pounds occasionally with assistance
- Knowledge of general workshop tools and equipment pertaining to sheet metal and the aerospace industries
- Must be able to understand and interpret technical drawings to military and aerospace specifications
- Competitive Compensation and Holiday Pay
- Fast growth opportunities and quicker career development for the right candidate
- Fun and challenging culture while still providing work/life balance for our employees
- Great Health Benefits, and 401(k) plans
- Less red tape – we have an environment that supports the entrepreneurial spirit
- Mentors to help you grow both personally and professionally
- Paid Time Off per year depending on the level
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.