Website GE Aviation
Component Repair Technician (Welding) Job Highlights
|Title||Component Repair Technician – Welding|
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial, military, business, and general aviation aircraft.
The company is searching for a Component Repair Technician (Welding) who will set up and weld high-temperature alloys in the repair and repair development of turbine engine components; using Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) in full compliance to repair manual requirements.
The position will need to perform simple to complex welding. The job requires candidates to consistently sit and pass periodic welder’s proficiency test by the company’s internal and external CAAS test.
- Preferably CAAS approval in TIG Welding/General Welding or equivalent
- Preferably NITEC/Higher NITEC in welding
- Relevant TIG Certificates
- Basic command of written and spoken English
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ level/SPM with 3 years of relevant experience
- Minimum SKM/MATA from Malaysia with 2 years of relevant experience
- Apply necessary gas back-up and chilled bars as required to perform efficient weld repair
- Identify and replace basic fixture/tooling due to wear and tear
- Perform manual and laser weld of all products with different weld configurations
- Perform scheduled maintenance and housekeeping tasks
- Simple refining of welding parameters
- A team player
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings/instructions
- Focused – quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Humble – respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Knowledge of measuring instrument, TIG Welding
- Leadership Ability – strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Must be able to fully comprehend process parameters and consistently produce good quality parts
- Problem Solver – analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Transparent – shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.