Composites Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Hawthorne, CA, United States|
Tesla is an automotive company and aims to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Composite Fabricator who will work with the composites team to fabricate panels and parts for future vehicles.
This is not a design position and requires hands-on construction and building of prototypes. Primary tasks will involve the immersion into the various methods and processes of building prototype vehicles, part creation from machined tooling, Silicon molding, vacuum forming, as well as, detail trimming and fitment of parts.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- Hands-on experience is a must
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus
- Related field experience in lieu of formal Degree Program
- Attention to detail with trimming and fitment after part creation
- Basic shop hand working skills
- Experience with part creation with a focus on infusion/VARTM methods of both carbon fiber and fiberglass
- Pre-preg part creation
- Silicon molding and casting
- Vacuum forming
- Ability to relocate or commute to Hawthorne, CA
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.