Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Construction Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is looking for a Construction Inspector who will provide inspection of the contractor’s quality of work in accordance with the client’s policies and procedures as it relates to inspection and field support for the construction of water mains, booster stations, reservoirs, fire hydrant and site improvements on an on-call, as-needed basis that may include, but not limited to the job duties and responsibilities listed below.
- The applicants must possess a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Age – must be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in construction inspection or similar services
- 5 years of experience in inspection for a water utility
- Leading industry inspection certifications such as AWWA, CWI, ICC, ACI, CEI
- Proficient with computers and portable electronic tablets and supporting software applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of state and local municipal regulations
- As-Builts – Collect the contractor’s as-built, complete redlines, and provide as-builts generated by the Consultant to reflect constructed works and include all construction changes from the approved design.
- BMP Inspection – The Consultant shall be responsible for verifying the erosion control devices are installed and utilized properly.
- Change Order – Review and provide recommendations to change order requests, coordinate change order responses and documentation with San Gabriel, and provide fully executed change order documents to the contractors, once approved by San Gabriel.
- Daily Construction Reporting – Create daily construction reports to inform San Gabriel and to ensure all facets of the construction operation are completed per contract documents, specifications, and plans. Provide daily site photos showing the general site conditions and the specific day’s activities including fittings, valves, mains, excavation, backfill, compactions, etc.
- Daily Inspections – Perform daily inspection of the current construction activities to ensure conformity to all contract documents, specifications, and plans approved by San Gabriel. Complete a daily inspection report including all information in a typical San Gabriel daily inspection report form. Review the daily construction activities with San Gabriel.
- Daily Photos – Take and provide daily site photos showing the general site conditions and the specific day’s activities in San Gabriel.
- Deputy/Governing Agency Inspection Coordination – Schedule required inspections per San Gabriel and the governing agency requirements. Provide the deputy inspector reports and governing agency permit sign-off updates to San Gabriel.
- Dispute Resolution – The Consultant shall be responsible to receive the contractor’s disputes, coordinating a response with San Gabriel’s Project Manager, and providing collaborative direction to the contractor. If a resolution cannot be determined, a meeting will be scheduled with San Gabriel’s Planning Manager.
- GPS Underground Water Facilities – Consultant shall GPS all mains, valves, fittings, and other underground appurtenances and provide the as-built drawings.
- Material Verification – Verify the material used matches the approved submittal. Provide San Gabriel delivery slips, material tickets, or documentation.
- Piping Inspection – Verify the piping materials, parts, and quantities that San Gabriel issues to the contractor and ensure those piping materials are used in construction. Verify all unused piping materials are returned to San Gabriel. Verify the piping materials the contractor supplies during construction.
- Public Inquiries – The Consultant shall direct all inquiries from the members or representatives of the public to San Gabriel.
- Punch List – The Consultant shall draft task punch lists, coordinate the complete punch list with San Gabriel, provide a complete punch list to the contractors, and inspect the completed punch list, once approved by San Gabriel.
- Request for Information – Accept RFIs, gather information required to address the RFI, provide recommendations and coordinate the responses to the RFIs with San Gabriel, and provide the RFI responses to the contractors, once approved by San Gabriel.
- Shutdown Notification – Notify and coordinate the proposed shutdowns with San Gabriel to create a shutdown procedure, notify any affected customers, and ensure continued water service.
- Traffic Controls – The Consultant shall be responsible for verifying the traffic control plans are installed and utilized properly.
- Water Main Pressure Testing – The Consultant shall be responsible for verifying and providing a signed written document affirming the piping are able to withstand the pressure and duration per San Gabriel standards.
- Water Main, Service, and Fire Hydrant Location Verification – The Consultant shall be responsible for verifying the water main, service, and fire hydrant locations.
- Water Quality Sampling – The Consultant shall be responsible for the coordination of water quality sampling by San Gabriel’s personnel for the newly installed piping.
- Other tasks related to the construction inspection of booster stations, reservoirs, site improvements may be required.
- Ability to work and travel in all types of weather extremes.
- Basic knowledge of inspection for piping, welding, concrete and electrical
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/control and procedures related to project construction
- Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours, and use proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new job site location upon request, throughout the entire service territory.
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.