Website Republic Services
Container Shop Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Container Shop Welder|
|Location||Bend, OR, United States|
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through its subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless.
The company is hiring a Container Shop Welder who will repair, paint and perform maintenance to containers and roll-off boxes.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- A certified welder (preferred)
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of welding experience or completion of a welding program
- Completes required paperwork.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components for hoppers, containers, and compactors.
- Fabricates steel components using a brake and shear.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Install company and safety decals in accordance with company standard diagrams on containers and roll-off boxes.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired containers.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on the front, rear, and roll-off containers
- Refer more complex repairs to the Supervisor.
- Weld steel and aluminum components using MIG and ARC welding Equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
- Advanced knowledge of MIG and Stick welders, plasma cutters, and airless paint Sprayers. Familiar with the basic use of hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicservices.jobs.